The evolution of the SPR comes home to Daniel Defense in the MK12. Born of necessity, raised in the Army's Marksmanship Unit and refined to Daniel Defense Mil-Spec+ standards, it is now available.
The MK12 is constructed around an 18-inch Stainless Steel barrel with a chamber created during the Cold Hammer Forging process, which ensures the most precise alignment of the chamber to the bore possible. These barrels, some of the most accurate and durable barrels available, are bead blasted and chemically passivated to resist corrosion. The MK12 barrel is engineered with a rifle-length direct impingement gas system and utilizes the MK12 gas block, which is built to Crane Specifications for USSOCOM. The MK12 gas block is precision CNC machined from 416 stainless steel and Black Oxide Coated. The rifle is fed with a M16 profile bolt carrier group and uses a Vltor Mod 4 charging handle for ease of operation. The upper receiver is equipped with a free floating DDM4 Rail 12.0 allowing for your choice of optics and accessories and is finished off with a Daniel Defense Improved Flash Suppressor.
The MK12 was designed from the ground up to be a precision rifle, therefore it required certain refinements. We equipped it with the Geissele SSA 2-Stage Trigger to give the marksman an advantage delivering precise fire to the target. This precision rifle comes finished with Daniel Defense Tornado Cerakote and is furnished with the newly designed, rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BARREL: Proprietary Blend of Stainless Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 18_ MK12 Profile, Bead Blasted, and Chemically Passivated
- GAS SYSTEM: MK12 Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of hardened 416 stainless steel with Black Oxide Coating, Rifle-Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail 12.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: 3 Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300 F.
- FINISH: Daniel Defense Tornado Cerakote
- Made in the USA!
All Daniel Defense products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee against defects in original materials and workmanship. If your Daniel Defense product shows evidence of such defects, Daniel Defense will make every accommodation to fix, repair, or replace your product in the most expeditious manner possible. Daniel Defense does not warranty products or damage caused to our products by the correct or incorrect installation of other manufacturer's products. Be sure to retain your sales slip as proof of purchase date when making a claim.
|Manufacturing # / SKU ||02-142-01198-047 |
|Restricted Shipping ||Yes |
|Caliber ||5.56mm NATO |
|Gas System ||Rifle |
|Product Weight ||7.41 lbs |
|Length ||34 _ 37 7/8 |
|Magazine ||Magpul PMAG 20-Round |
|Case ||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case |
|Manufacturer ||Daniel Defense ||